|The City Secretary is a statutory position each city in Texas is required to have by law. The City Secretary is appointed by, and reports to, the City Council.
The City Secretary's responsibilities include:
- Posting all agendas of the City Council and keeping accurate records of the proceedings.
- Posting all legal notices in compliance with state laws and publishing all legal ads and notices for the city.
- Maintaining the integrity of the election process.
- Ensure transparency and access to city records.
- Facilitate the city’s legislative process.
- Acting as the compliance officer for federal, state, and local statutes.
- Record and preserve local government history.
Open Records Request
Order of Election
Click here for the notice of the dates of the filing period for the May 4, 2019 City Council election.
Application to File for a Place on the City of Meadowlakes General Election Ballot
Appointment of a Campaign Treasurer by a Candidate